This is the first official call for a group of volunteers willing to follow a simple set of dietary guidelines for a period of 10 weeks. I know that the nutritional principles are sound, and I’ve put all of the following concepts to use in my own life with great success, but I’m curious to see if it’s “that simple” for others. To join the group you can live anywhere on earth but you must:
1) Be overweight.
2) Not be too physically active.
3) Have a history of dieting, calorie restriction, lowfat/carb attempts or both, etc.
4) Have a moderate list of physical “imperfections,” such as low energy, sporadic changes in blood sugar levels, headaches, bladder/prostate issues, sexual dysfunction or infertility, PMS, hot flashes or other menopausal symptoms, chronic ailments, frequent infections, swelling, digestive pain or bowel irregularity, hormonal imbalances, depression, low thyroid function, allergies, asthma, etc., etc., etc. (i.e. – something else to monitor for improvement other than just weight and waistline).
5) Suffer from strong food cravings and binges on “guilt” foods.
If you more or less meet the above criteria, you are eligible to follow this easy 10-week plan. What makes it easy is that there are very few “forbidden foods,” no set meals, and total flexibility. The purpose of the study is truly to answer the question, “how casual and easy can weight loss and health improvement be?” Odds are with a plan this simple the results won’t be utterly amazing, but I do anticipate noticeable changes and effortless weight loss in varying amounts.
There are 5 slots available for this program, and questionnaires and monitoring forms will be provided. Recipes, tips, and advice via phone and e-mail will be provided abundantly. There is no charge to participate, but you will be expected to order required foods and supplements from certain reliable sources such as Organic Pastures and Tropical Traditions, which are more expensive than most local grocery stores. It begins Sunday May 6, 2007 and ends on July 14th. To enroll contact Matt Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org or (808) 269-0369. The program is completely open to the public, so send links to friends and family members who might be interested in joining the program or teaming up with you.
The Program Guidelines Are:
Over a period of 10 weeks, consume, preferably unheated…
1) 3 quarts Extra virgin coconut oil from Tropical Traditions
2) 4 pounds raw butter from Organic Pastures
3) 16 oz. Quantum Cod liver oil from Radiant Life
4) 10 quarts homemade lacto-fermented cabbage (sauerkraut)
Try to eat more…
1) Cooked dark leafy greens like Kale, Collard greens, Spinach, and Chard.
2) Raw vegetables like carrots, celery, snap peas, and lettuces with meals.
3) Homemade bone broths from wild fresh fish and organic animals.
4) Organic liver (there are many tricks to making this truly unnoticeable if you don’t like it).
5) Organic meats and wild seafood.
Try to almost completely avoid…
1) Caffeine, especially diet pills, chocolate, and coffee.
2) Soy in any form except miso.
3) Processed sugar (dextrose, sucrose (table sugar), and fructose) and artificial sweeteners (aspartame and sucralose/Splenda.
4) Packaged food including even whole grain breakfast cereals, crackers, etc.
5) Pasteurized juices and dairy products (except plain kefir and yogurt)
6) Vegetable oils such as soy, canola, and corn and hydrogenated oils (including fried restaurant foods).
Other helpful suggestions:
1) Talk to your doctor about discontinuing medication and other supplements.
2) Use Celtic sea salt in all your home cooking.
3) Eat no more than 3 fruits per day.
4) Eat raw fish and meats (sushi, ceviche, carpaccio, tartare, etc.)
5) Precede the program with a cleansing dose of NCD.
6) Consume plenty of certified raw milk and cheese if you can get it.
7) Drink 2 quarts of pure water daily, but don’t drink water with food.
8) Avoid unsprouted nuts, beans, and legumes except fresh beans and peas.
9) Cheat regularly and avoid excessive exercise to prevent burnout.
10) Be grateful for the experience of eating “forbidden” foods, focus on their deliciousness, and thank yourself for indulging.
The program is designed truly to do one thing: get more pure and nourishing foods into your body. To meet the quotas you will have to eat nearly 1,000 calories of raw, enzyme-rich foods every day. The mandatory fats are high in lauric acid, CLA, fat soluble vitamins, activators, Omega 3’s, and other healthy fatty acids. All of these are known to have beneficial health properties including, but not limited to: weight loss, healthier skin, healthier joints, better digestion, fewer allergies and infection, strong bones, better mineral absorption, healthy eyes and nervous system, increased energy, etc. Many of the fats in raw form also contain the enzyme lipase, which is woefully lacking in the Standard American Diet (SAD).
The other suggestions are to optimize the function of your metabolism and blood sugar regulation and add other important nutrients to your system, particularly minerals. Once the body feels sustained nourishment, cravings disappear and fat stores dissolve. The adrenals and thyroid quickly begin to repair themselves. This does work and becomes increasingly sustainable over time.
Reserve your space for this simple revolutionary program, beginning May 6, 2007!