To answer your questions:
1) The testosterone pellet is because I was completely deficient in it.
I’m a cancer survivor too, and testosterone in small therapeutic doses helps several things (or is supposed to): recovery of radiated pelvic tissues (it does), weight loss (um….well??), libido (it does), and other things as well. This is a link (hope it’s ok) to my actual doctor and her website. http://www.hormonebalance.org/
2) I don’t see an endocrinologist. This has been an ongoing battle for years. I know more than the average doctor about thyroid problems, seriously. The endos around here will insist on Synthroid ONLY which didn’t work for me. They will go by standard lab results (we all know how well that tends to work out) and nothing else. You could be flat out, gaining weight, hair falling out, eyebrows disappearing and unable to hold a job but if those precious labs say You’re Within Normal Limits, well, sux to be you. BTDT :( I do have good rapport with my GP who prescribed the Armour after I insisted she read some current studies as well as visit the Stopthethyroidmadness.com site. When she saw my labs (post-endocrinologist visit in 2008) with a TSH of 28 on Synthroid, she agreed to work with me on Armour.
3) & 4) I’m pretty sure you’re right on my meal pattern. The PA at Millennium Wellness (hormone doc) even fussed at me about the way I eat and so does my husband. I will work harder on this. I’m not overeating at this point. But I’m not watching calories either. I think my eating habits would best be described as Feast or Famine. Not good, huh?
I guess I could resurrect my FitDay account to try and see my caloric intake and macro intake but CRUD!!! I thought Matt’s program was all about relaxing and not stressing/obsessing over every bite we put in our mouths. Another BTDT. Don’t want to do back to that but if you think there’s benefit in it, I can.
5) Yeah, working on that. Husband agrees so we’re gonna keep each other accountable for a more reasonable bedtime than 2 am :-)
I never heard about 5 Htp causing weight but nothing would surprise me. Will see what I can google up. I take 800 mg of magnesium a day already, but usually not at bedtime. I seem to have developed insomnia along with age. If I don’t take a Benedryl or the 5 HTP I do not stay asleep for more than an hour at a time. Melatonin alone doesn’t do it for me. I limit caffeine to one cup of coffee in the morning only. Never afternoon or evening.
6) Just began working a 3 mile speed walking program DVD (Start Walking with Leslie Sansone) a week or so ago. I’m not a fan of this sort of thing (I own a Gazelle and would rather get poked in the eye with a fork than spend time on it, LOL) but with winter setting in I know I MUST do more than I’m doing now. Another area of discipline I need to work on. Having a home business (I’m an online retailer as well as doll artist) keeps me somewhat sedentary for periods of time and I can never really catch up with my work so taking time away from it to exercise has not historically been my biggest priority.
I’m trying to rethink my priorities, believe me! I appreciate your help and hope others will continue to contribute to anything else that jumps out at them about my post. Thank you :-)