Select Page

180 Degree Failures

Blog Forums Raising Metabolism 180 Degree Failures

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    MikeJ
    Participant

Correction to my milk diet comment above: I drank three *half-gallons* a day (so six quarts), not three quarts! Three quarts was breakfast!

sue
    Participant

MikeJ, I’m not as unusual as you but still having lots of trouble – lots. Always seem to be the exception to the rule. To sum up what I would say is – it’s always worth experimenting even if it sounds odd or pointless or so close to something you know doesn’t work that it doesn’t have a chance. E.g. coffee normally makes me wired, but brewed with milk and with a bit of sugar as per DR2, it works a treat for me with PMS symptoms. The other thing I would say is boy oh boy does it take time. 2 years in I am getting some real results, a few, slowly, but very importantly they are significant, and also not subjective, e.g. blood sugar in the past month or two has gone from over 100 to 80, with great glucose clearance.

The Real Amy

” if achieving health is only a matter of raising the metabolism, and raising the metabolism (besides obvious lifestyle factors) is as easy as just eating a bunch of food without restriction, how do you explain people like me for whom this approach plainly fails?”

I would agree with you on this. Obviously, some people have other factors going on, like genetic factors or past traumas and emotional problems, or major imbalances. Eating a lot to try to raise your metabolism won’t fix that stuff, and can probably cause worse problems.

The Real Amy

Also, Mike, homeopathy doesn’t exactly work that way, but it’s complicated to explain here. It’s definitely not the only way to heal. Sounds like you’re on a good track now. I would encourage you to look into Triphala. It’s supposed to be more of a gentle help, and heal the intestinal linings, rather than forcing the body into anything.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.