I’m looking for a recipe of something that I can eat all day on a rare occasion when I’m too busy to cook and no restaurants are available.
Here are the requirements:
1. Sufficient carbs, protein, and fat for satiety
2. Doesn’t make a mess, crumble, or require cleanup.
3. Doesn’t require refrigeration – can leave at room temp all day long and still be good.
4. Easy to prepare a big batch at home
5. Easy to eat – doesn’t require a fork or spoon – can easily be eaten in a car while driving.
6. Calorie Dense
Any ideas for recipes that meet this requirement? I don’t care if the recipe is tasteless. I’m looking for convenience here, not taste. Something like rat pellets but for humans.
I’m sorry if this is an obvious suggestion. Juice with a peanut butter and jelly sammy. I have this all of the time for lunch, and it comes in at about 1,000 calories (I use as much peanut butter as the bread can hold).
Thanks for the suggestions. I think I’m going to make some sort of bar.
I’m considering the spanish omlette too. I think as an experiment I’m going to make one, leave it at room temperature for 24 hours and see if it still tastes fresh. I’m going to try to eat it with my fingers to see how messy it is.
I thought about PB&J but in my experience it can be messy if you put too much Peanut Butter on it. But if you don’t put enough on it doesn’t taste that good.