Tagged: intuitive eating
- This topic is empty.
July 9, 2013 at 9:16 pm #8043novaParticipant
I have spent too much time reading this stuff. But I’ll simply cut to what is essential, and cut off what is not.
When ever someone has a problem regarding health, one searches the entire globe for answers. All the answers given are different, and often seemingly seductive with the prize of optimal health. Yet, if one can nail any characteristic that defines what gurus, do, is they try and tell you what to do. They paint a nice picture, shading bad foods, and placing good foods on the center fucking stage. Yes, we have heard it from everybody, vegetables are the holy fucking grail, slow carbs turn the blood into a smooth flowing highway, protein builds up the body and keeps it strong, Sugar is magic, milk is of divine substance, our bodies optimal fuel is its own flesh(ahhh keto!) Yes you will pretty much die of a slow painful death if you don’t listen to them, and youll look bad doing it. “I mean have you seen her skin”
So once you broke the rules and you realize your still live, and you just downed some liquid poison and your heart keeps going, you realize, that what all these recomendations are generic, and don’t really apply to you. You are the exception the rule, and cannot ever live in that state of optimal health, but you can still live despite the fuckers.
What I am saying is that your life is unique, and you face things no one else wherever face. You have to make decisions all the time, and you better get used to making them. Start making mistakes. Realize what makes you feel like shit, and move on. I know a guy that gets such a strong reaction from salmon, he’ll throw up if he smells it. I know a girl that can take down milk like it goes out of style. Does that mean I can?
Just because someone fit, beautiful, healthy, yadayada is doing something doesn’t mean its healthy, or more accurately, doesn’t mean it applies to you.
Moving on, I will list some warning signs:
1. Someone who tells you to eat what you cannot stand: bite him/her
2. Someone who tells you how much or how little to eat, be a little leniant to the guy telling you to eat some more. And once you reached full capacity, disregard any advice.
3. No food is bad, no food is perfect, no matter what anyone tells you. Some are better then others, but it really depends on what you need(again, no one knows what you need).
Anyhow part 2 is coming later tonight. I have to go packkkkkk…July 9, 2013 at 10:06 pm #8053novaParticipant
1. Your the boss, the rest are informers.
2. Your tongue hurts sting, feels heavy, your throat is clogged, spit that salad out, or milk, or whatever wonderfood someone told you to eat.
3. Eat for no raeson. No explanation. No excuses
4. Eat what you want, avoid what you don’t want. THE ONLY MAGIC FOOD IS THE ONE YOU EAT AT THE RIGHT TIME> THE RIGHT TIME IS WHEN YOU WANT IT>CHOCOLATE IS BETTER WITH COMPANY>POPCORN IS BETTER AT THE MOVIES}}BEER AND FISH AND CHIPS IS GOOD ALL THE TIME<>OYSTERS FOR DESSERT
5. You can want healthy foods. I craved parsley and olives, I don’t know why.
6. Your body has its own agenda, and it prioritizes foods based on your needs. SO YOU DONT NEED TO DO THAT WORK!
7. EAT SO YOU DONT HAVE TO THINK ABOUT FOOD! ONCE YOU EAT, YOU STOP THINKING ABOUT FOOD> A SIMILAR PHYSICAL PHENOMENON, IF YOU START THINKING ABOUT GIRLS, WELL TAKE a bloody HINT, and get on with it. DON”T JUST GO ALL GOOd christian and TRY TO AVOID THINKING ABOUT> RESPECT THE BODY AND IT WILL LEAVE YOU BE.
8. When you body starts getting heavy hunger pangs, its not a good thing. When you need to eat, you will know. YOU will be satisified by what you need. Nothing can really hurt you if your on the upper side of satiation. DO NOT PLAY GAMES WITH HUNGER. TELL THE MIND TO TAKE A HIKE. EVEN IF YOU EAT A LITTLE MORE AND YOU STORE FAT–big deal– fresh fat is burned when the fridge empties. YOU WILL SIMPLY EAT LESS LATER>
9. ONLY EAT WHAT YOU WANT
THE REAL PALEO:
EAT WHAT”S THERE, even if its cheezitzzz___00000TRYNEWFOOD_____FORGET THE ONES WHO THINK THEY KNOW__NO INTUITION___NO MEDITATION—-no attention___IF YOUR THINKING TO0 HARD< YOUR SENSATIONS ARE NOT IN PROPER ALIGNMENT>
You dont have to do anything you don’t want. In the end, do your thing. If you don’t have a thing to do, the problem is your head is filled with too many foreign desires. STEP 1: FORGET EVERYTHING> DONT TRUST THE MEMORY OF WHAT YOU LEARNED. DONT TRUST YOURSELF, TAKE IT ONE STEP AT A TIME< AND WATCH THE MILES ADD UP
YOUR JOURNEY BEGINS NOW!July 9, 2013 at 10:21 pm #8058Matt StoneKeymaster
Hey, cool post Nova. Thanks for taking the time. That all sounds about right.
Like I’ve been saying lately, “Your health practices are YOUR experiment, and no one can customize and personalize it to your needs better than you – if you pay attention and know just a few simple things about what is and is not a good sign.”July 10, 2013 at 12:28 pm #8151ThomasSeayModerator
Right on Nova!July 11, 2013 at 2:50 am #8313redm72Participant
Great, now I’m thinking about food AND girls! ;)July 11, 2013 at 3:42 pm #8400lukesterParticipant
Reminds me of this quote a Russian guy told me last week while doing calisthenics. “The more you think you know, the more you realize how much you really don’ know”. I realize that to be true. Typically the happiest people are the ones that worry the least or have minds less full with contemplation. It is up to you how you want to perceive the information or situation, so you might as well have fun doing it!July 15, 2013 at 1:46 pm #9045The Real AmyModerator
Just noting, Matt and Rob, that this thread is somehow being linked to from the “What Works” thread in the “Alternative Medicine” forum. It says “What Works” and then you come here and it says “Nothing works”, lol.July 16, 2013 at 1:51 pm #9160ThomasSeayModerator
Amy is right. I did an inspection of the “What Works” link and it is indeed linked to the “Nothing Works” thread. Look here:
<a class="bbp-topic-permalink" title="What Works?" href="http://180degreehealth.com/180forums/topic/works"
The href link above points to the “Nothing Works> thread. How did this happen? If somebody with the ability to change the html did this on purpose, fine, but otherwise you’ve got a hacker on the loose.August 7, 2013 at 12:20 pm #11037CodyParticipant
I think you guys are taking this too literally.
The gist of the message is that what works is whatever works for YOU. YOU have to decide. No one can tell you.
It’s not that nothing works.
It’s that the knowledge comes from YOU.
Quite being so externally focused. Look inside grasshopper.August 12, 2013 at 3:09 pm #11321RobModerator
Thanks Thomas and Amy- missed this when you posted it.
It’s clever and funny that this happened, but I don’t think it was a hacker. Instead, I think it’s because of the way threads are named by the forum software.
I’ll contact our web person and see what we can do about that. Thanks for the heads up.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.